Monday, November 5, 2007

We Get It, Lady

So now that I have been going to City Hall for almost a year now for work, I have become familiar with the Cast of Characters which populates the Traffic Department and surrounding areas. I also have become friendly with some people who are just like me: the unfortunate individuals at their respective companies who have been assigned to pull permits at City Hall. Some of them are very nice. Some of them are unbelievable jerks.

This one woman, N, couldn't be any older than me, if as old. She's perfectly nice. And she's maybe 5 or 6 months pregnant with her sixth child. SIXTH! And as if the bulge below her boobs and above her hoo-hah wasn't enough, everything that comes out of her mouth has to do with her pregnancy.

**drops pen** "Oh, can you get that for me? I'm having a hard time bending over in my condition. Number six here!"

"I took my other 5 kids trick-or-treating last night and boy am I wiped out. Bun in the oven, you know!"

"I'm SO hungry. This one must be a linebacker!"

And so on.

Uh, I get it, N. You're pregnant. With number six. Wonderful. You may want to slow down a bit, or at least read a book or something so you'll have another subject to discuss with people.

Christ.

No comments: